Macro- Friendly Meal Prep Healthy Thai Sesame Patties Low Carb, High Protein
PLUS an easy but high intensity full-body workout you can do at home.
- 4 spring onions
- 15 g fresh cilantro (coriander), plus extra to garnish
- 500g or 1 lb. ground chicken
- 3 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1.5 cm piece of fresh root ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 1 egg white
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- Thai sweet chilli dipping sauce, to serve
- Spring onion curls, to garnish (optional)
To Make It:
- Chop the spring onions and coriander finely in a food processor or with a knife. Put in a bowl and mix with the chicken, sesame seeds, soy sauce, ginger and egg white.
- Shape into 20 slightly flattened rounds with wetted hands. Chill in the refrigerator for one hour (or longer if you have time).
- Heat the sesame and sunflower oils in a large frying pan, add the patties and fry for 10 minutes, turning once or twice, until golden and cooked through to the centre.
- Arrange on a serving plate with a small bowl of chilli dipping sauce in the centre. Garnish with extra cilantro/coriander leaves and spring onion curls, or wrap into lettuce cups for a protein style Thai Burger, or serve with rice for some added carbs for energy. Pre-pack into containers and store in refrigerator for up to 5 days, or add to freezer for an easy go-to meal or snack. 🙂 Enjoy! Serving Size= 2 Patties Makes 10 Servings
Workout of the Day:
- Walking Lunges x25
- Jump Squats x20
- Burpees x 10
- Sit Ups (Arms Crossed Over Chest) x15
- Side Plank (30 Secs Each Side)
Repeat for 3-5 Sets for a full body, high intensity workout. Stretch, hydrate & refuel with this quick and easy go-to meal.